Marketing Campaign Manager
Teachable is hiring a Marketing Campaign Manager to oversee marketing efforts that will convert leads into customers and beyond. Your primary responsibilities will include strategic campaign development, project management, and working alongside teams to create and analyze email and multi-channel campaigns that will show prospects and customers why Teachable is the best choice for their online course business.
You’ll be part of the marketing team, a fast-paced, highly cross-functional team that is constantly testing and innovating to tell the best possible story to our customers. You’ll be responsible for managing marketing campaigns from scoping through execution and post-mortem analysis.
This is an important position at Teachable, and a pivotal time in our company’s growth. Teachable is growing, and our marketing team is hard at work trying exciting new strategies and projects to keep up with our customers’ needs. Your project management expertise and data-driven approach will help us take our marketing efforts to the next level.
What you’ll work on
- Broadcast campaigns: Work with the marketing team to create compelling campaigns that will make Teachable a no-brainer for leads and free users. You’ll partner closely with our CRM team, copywriters, and designers, and your big goal will be to drive leads to purchase paid Teachable subscriptions. (An example of a broadcast might be our annual Black Friday promotion, or our annual virtual summit event in October.)
- Webinar development: Manage the creation process (and later, optimization process) behind major live webinars and events, including pre-event and post-event email sequences.
- Evergreen campaigns: Create, manage, and maintain automated (trigger-based) marketing flows. Communication tools and channels include emails, web-based notifications, landing pages, and more.
- Product feature releases: Work closely with the product team and product marketer to manage product releases and feature change announcements. You’ll work together on targeted messaging and campaigns for various audience segments and Teachable membership levels.
- Campaign analysis: After all campaigns, you’ll work with our data team to compile reports and make recommendations about optimizations, future tests, and next steps.
- You have 2+ years of experience as a Project Manager or Campaign Manager, including experience implementing marketing campaigns end-to-end with proven results.
- You’re an exceptional project manager. You have experience scoping projects, outlining timelines, and holding people accountable to deadlines.
- You have experience with Asana, Trello, Basecamp, or other task management tools. And you were a power user with at least one tool of choice.
- You prefer making decisions based on data, and you have a proven track record owning campaigns and hitting targets. But you also value real human connections and see customers as people, not just numbers.
- You know how to pitch an effective A/B test, and you understand how to measure the results and interpret your findings.
- You’ve worked with an email service provider before, such as Iterable, Hubspot, etc. (Bonus points if you’ve personally build campaigns before.)
- You’re a phenomenally organized person, and you’re skilled at managing projects end-to-end: brainstorming, planning, executing, managing tasks, and tracking project success.
- You’re a skilled writer, editor, and communicator, and you love connecting people and working across teams.
You have a positive approach to challenges. You enjoy being strategic and solving problems, and you have a can-do “roll up your sleeves” attitude. Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $150M to date, and we’ve raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We’re growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.